Sales & Negotiation Skills
Sales can be defined as persuading people to buy, but it is much more than that.
In general people love to buy, but hate to be “sold to”. How can businesses deal with this apparant paradox? No company can survive without sales, but for potential customers, calls and visits from “salespeople” are often unwelcome. Customers simply do not trust salespeople.
According to research, the most important attribute for a sales person is proactive creativity. This intensive 4-hour sales & negotiations skills “bootcamp” enables candidates to identify the key steps to effective sales and negotiations. They will gain an understanding of the principles and learn the 3 key stages of sales and negotiations and discover the optimum approach for successful completion. Role-play is used extensively in this workshop to allow candidates to practise all the techniques in a “live” situation.
Deliverables: by the end of the 4 hours delegates will be able to:
- Understand the 3 principles of a sales and negotiation meeting
- Identify the main barriers to sales and negotiation
- Understand the sales cycle and who is involved
- Build effective customer relationships based on 4 unique values
- Identify and minimise risk by understanding your business and your customer's business
- Communicate the value proposition and deliver profits
Who should attend
Everyone, because all business roles involve elements of selling. It is not just about selling your products to customers. For instance, it is also about selling your potential at interviews and you ideas in meetings and presentations.
“ Necessity never made a good bargain ”
- Benjamin Franklin
- Current strengths
Why sales and negotiation is important?
- Sales versus customer perceptions
- Understanding the business
- Identifying key principles of sales and negotiation meetings
- When to negotiate and when not to
Key stages in sales and negotiation
- Who plays what role and why?
- Identifying the barriers to success
- Communicating the value proposition
- Understanding the dynamics
Delivering versus promising
- Best practice techniques
- Hunting versus nurturing
- Meeting customer expectations
- Delivering profit
Sales & Negotiation Skills in action
- A sales and negotiation performance task with prize
Personal Action Plan
- Steps to success